Monday, June 12, 2006

President's Cup: Regionals Update


I need to give my U-15 team the recognition they deserve. Saturday, we played the state champs from FL and lost 2-0. This effectively eliminated us from the tournament. However, this FL team killed every team they played in our group 5-0. We played them for 58 out of 60 minutes to a 0-0 tie. Since we needed the win to advance, I pulled into a 3-4-3 lineup and they snuck 2 goals in on us. So let's just all call it the coach's fault and know that my boys beat that FL team to a pulp until I had to mess with it.

More important than the score, my guys played the game of their lives against a team, that on paper, no one would have given them a chance against. They played high pressure intense, blue collar backwoods 'Cro' soccer all game. I couldn't have been more proud. They truly shocked some major teams this weekend by competing with TX and FL.

Roll Thunder.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I guess your pregame speech was better than G. Bush's speech to Team USA!