Monday, June 12, 2006

Marketing Martyrdom

I have to admit that when I heard we had bombed al-Zarqawi that my first thought was not a positive one. Mainly, my reaction was one where I cringed realizing that I was going to have to listen to weeks of debate regarding how this would affect terrorism, Iraq, troop levels, perception of the war, approval ratings, etc... Personally, I am not really quite sure what it will accomplish other than appealing to our sense of revenge or justice or the inner "Texan turned President" inside 50% of us all.

One of the more refreshing views of this event that I have come across is found on Scott Adams' blog. Go here. Thankfully, I have managed to avoid most of the media blitz regarding the event. I guess hype regarding the US soccer team followed by bitter disappointment is good for something.

No comments: