Thursday, June 01, 2006

WikiMapia - For Map Geeks Everywhere


Week 3 of travel to client site: Evidently all original thoughts are eliminated and I can only report on random crap on the internet that keeps me entertained. Intelligence falters and for some reason I drink coffee at 11 PM and stay up and decide to work. Here's something to stare at when you decide you need a break:
  • Navigate to WikiMapia, find something in your hometown, and mark it on the map. I checked this out 2 days ago and Lafayette had about 3 locations marked by folks out there. Now it is up to around 25. I would imagine the same thing may be happening in your home town. This is a cool interface: a combination of Google maps and Wiki technology.
  • What is Wiki? Go here and find out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cool site! How come the Alm-Labar house is not checked off?