Thursday, June 22, 2006

The Road to Nuremburg


We took the train to Nuremburg yesterday – pretty easy ride for me, but not for the guy across the way. About 30 minutes into the ride, I am already asleep and dreaming of soccer. I scored a goal in my dream, of course, and at the same time managed to volley the guy’s shin who was sitting across from me. Luckily he was from America so when I said:

“Sorry, I was dreaming of soccer”

…he forgave me.

Prior to Nuremburg, we spent some time at Dachau, a sobering and emotional experience. We were really glad that took the time away from the tournament to pay respect to the memorial. Two of the more recognizable sights are above and immediately below this text. The third picture captures the amazing fact that Carlee captured so well when she said, “I have no perspective on what this country is like without the World Cup.” It is a picture of a group of Mexican team fans who were visiting the memorial along with us.

No comments: