Sunday, February 11, 2007

40 GB's of Paper

I was standing at the cell phone/MP3 player counter at Best Buy and that's pretty much what the guy at the counter said. "That's 40 Gigs of paper in your hands." About 2 and a half weeks ago my iPod bit it yet again. Because I had purchased the Best Buy PSP, I was able to hand it over to the Geek Squad (who is rumored to run a crime ring in town) and basically trade in my old two-colored 40 GB iPod for an 80 GB color iPod with video capabilities. In order to make the trade I had a file folder of repair incidents in my hand.

I'm not happy with the quality of my first iPod but I really feel there is a good chance that it was just a defective item. We will see if I am right. Right now I am falling in love with my MP3 player all over again. This is one really nice piece of equipment. Granted, I am not sure what I am going to do with 80 GB's...I was losing music at 40...

Quote from the clear plastic wrap circling the iPod, which was repeated in about 4 or more languages:

"Don't Steal Music"

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Funny. You recently almost talked me out of an iPod. I'm leaning towards getting one anyway, but it is interesting that you are getting interested/excited about yours again.

Unknown said...

I figured you might wonder about that. Basically, if I had it to do all over again, I don't think I would buy the big GB version. I find that I don't use the iPod as my complete music/digital library (which is what 80 GB starts to buy you). I would probably get a smaller version and use it as a recent/favorite music library. Now, that being said, if you give me a "free" 80 GB video iPod, I'm gonna take it and probably really like it because when it comes down to it, it is still one really nicely designed piece of equipment. Hope I'm not confusing the issue :-)