Monday, February 12, 2007

Flavors of Confidence

"Look at where your head is. I can't help it if you're so short you only come up to where my elbow is."
- Oguchi Onyewu


This was Gooch's retort to Bellamy's complaint that Gooch elbowed him in the head during Newcastle's upset victory over Liverpool this past weekend (via Goal.com). I like the kid's confidence.

"I don't regret it. You gotta go, you gotta go." - Landon Donovan

This was Landon's response after causing the entire country of Mexico to hate him for urinating on Jalisco Stadium, one of their national landmarks. I don't like this.

"Sorry coach." - Anonymous

The response of my U-15 player after causing the a youth tournament to come to a grinding halt due to him taking a leak on someone's front yard during a soccer tournament last year. More of this flashback here at I Take Pictures of Crazy People. He's a good kid.

4 comments:

rc said...

I think Gooch has gotten some calls against him due to his size. That probably won't happen in the EPL since it is a tough league. I think Gooch could be what we all though Pope was going to be before his injury problems.

Anonymous said...

is GOOCH a real name?
It was the bully's name on different strokes...the tall kid who was picking on arnold....

Unknown said...

SE: Yup real name. Or nick name that is. If you wikipedia this word there are a bunch of hits. One of them is definitely not flattering.

RC: Sure thing. I agree with the fouls based on size. Too bad really. I don't really remember watching Pope play too much so I am not sure if they compare. I am definitely looking forward to seeing Gooch mature though. Should be fun to watch...if FSC ever aired a game with him...

rc said...

True that, FSC has been a letdown with Newcastle games thus far, but there tends to be an Yank in the action in a game or two per weekend. Maybe Bradley shoudl be watching huh?