Monday, February 05, 2007

You Have 60 Seconds

"The walls between art and engineering exist only in our minds"
- Theo Jansen

You have 60 seconds of over 100 million people's attention. What do you do? What do you say? This past Super Bowl, multiple companies contracted with the average YouTube citizen to design their commercials. Not a bad idea...especially when you compare some of this work with the other commercials that were on display.

I think the following commercial is a better blend of product placement and artistic message than any I saw yesterday.



I think it would be interesting to give go full tilt and give advertising time to people but not require a product placement or message. If you had 60 seconds of 100 million people's time, what would you say?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yea. That's kind of why I like it.

rc said...

Pretty Amazing. I agree, does not make me think of BMW in any way / shape / form, but Discovery channel should do an hour on that guy.