Monday, February 05, 2007

Countdown to Mexico

Two days until the boys take on Mexico in Arizona. Bradley has called up his European based players and the roster is taking shape...albeit a disappointing roster in the eyes of many (including myself). So how have we been preparing? One way is a scrimmage against Hammarby. Whose Hammarby? They are a Swedish First Division side and based on the highlights, it looks like we took them apart. These are worth watching just to see Clark's 35 yard bomb into the left upper 90. It's pretty nice. Click here to be taken to the video.

If you would rather read the play by play, here's Hammarby's version. If any of you know Swedish, I would be curious to know what their take on the game was...

3 comments:

rc said...

Dissapointing roster for sure. How about Jay Demerit? What the F does this kid have to do to earn a call up!? How about Jonathan Spector? I am not saying these are the future, but they have been playing in the Premier League all season, and they don't even get a call in? Gooch just transfered, so he's out (I though that Dempsey just transferred to, I guess the extra week makes the BIG difference). Very ticked off at the direction of the national team so far. All I know is that they better give this Ferrari kid a look over the summer. For pete's sake, he is training / suiting up for Sampdoria's first team! Get this kid on the radar at least! Nothing against MLS, but Chris Albright in defense is pure cr@p. Let me see more of Pierce, or get Cherundulo some minutes in a more senior role (he is the captain for his Bundesliga team!). Am I way off? I mean, we are playing Mexico, not freakin Venezuela! US Soccer does not get it, they just don't get it. Question, do you think Brazil, who plays tonight, had a month of "national team camp" before their meeting with Portugal today? No, of course not. This 2 national team scenario (MLS vs. European Based) is a complete waste of time. I may be on my way out as a US Soccer fan shortly...

And then I read they may play Dempsey in the middle. What the F'ing F. Our most potent flank attacker, and let's jam him up in the middle. Idiots.

Unknown said...

Easy there killer. I am with you. In my perfect world Gooch is there, Dempsey's on the outside, Johnson's on the pine, Cooper is up top, etc... But we can't turn on the boys. C'mon. Put on your Donovan jersey and paint your face.

rc said...

Okay, good pep talk.