Friday, March 10, 2006

5th Near Death Experience

Ellen: "Clark."
Clark
: "Yes honey?"
Ellen: "Audrey's frozen from the waste down."
Clark
: "Ah, it's all part of the experience honey."
-National Lampoons Christmas Vacation


It's been a long two days in Salt Lake City. One left. Work is going well but is also mentally draining simply because you need to be engaged constantly. I've gotten to see a lot of great sites. Rapid blizzard conditions today - which cleared out fast. The entire horizon is white. Mountains.

The other day I was debating between the lake or the temple. I ended up hiking to a point where I could look one way and see the lake - the other way and see the city. I followed it up with a tour of Temple Square. This place is amazing. The Church of Latter Day Saints runs the square like clockwork. One on one tour guides everywhere. Following work today we went to Park City and toured the 2002 Olympic site. 20 degree sleigh ride. I almost lost a toe due to frost bite. It was my 5th near death experience.

Here are some photos - the photos link to larger shots. In the following order:
  1. The hike
  2. The Temple (above post)
  3. The Olympic Ski Jump
  4. The sleigh ride

(I missed a post yesterday. Odd. The guilt that is.)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Maybe I'll count down those experiences to one...but the baseball catch I made with my temple is not in 1-4. However, maybe that's why my memory of childhood is so bad?