Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Somebody Else's Ideas


"Copy from one, it's plagiarism; copy from two, it's research."
- Wilson Mizner

Feeling uninspired and also have a list of a few interesting things I've been wanting to share. Add that up, you get bullets.
  • Bureau of Workplace Interruptions - Go schedule one now. If you do, you really need to let me know how it goes. I might even issue my first prize to anyone who takes me up on the invitation.
  • Video of Finger Break dancing. Yes, I actually watched it and yes I recommend you do so as well. It will make for a good workplace interruption...
  • So I drive a hybrid. Not sure if I will make the jump to a smart car. They are evidently coming to the US though. Can you imagine one of these parked next to a hummer?
  • Have you checked out Google Finance? Even if you don't manage a stock portfolio, some of the GUI interactions you can do after you search on a symbol are really cool. Worth at least 1 minute of your day.
  • 40 yard free kick, upper 90. Watch this video to the end and watch how much spin is on this ball. None. I remember being taught by my coach how to kick a ball to do just that. Just like baseball, the keeper has a really tough time figuring out where that thing is gonna go. This is an amazing shot.
  • I am really liking Matt Pond PA these days. Go to their website for a few mp3 files. The song on my hit list is So Much Trouble, which you can find at songs:illinois. It's straight up indie pop/rock that just makes you feel damn good. Buy the album here.

3 comments:

Cat4 said...

That kick is CRAZY!

Unknown said...

Yea it is. No spin at all. And that has to be 40 yards! Good to see you back around jimi.

Anonymous said...

Those friggin shots hurt when you pluck them out of the upper 90!!!