Monday, March 27, 2006

Underdogs Fly Coach


What do Detroit, Thank You notes, and the Final Four have in common?

Carlee and I were traveling up to Massachusetts for New Years this past December and were headed to Detroit on our first leg. We were behind on wedding gift Thank You notes. Actually. I was behind on wedding gift Thank You notes and Carlee was writing them all.

By some twist of fate (even though I have more frequent flyer miles), Carlee got bumped up to first class. We immediately started dealing. In the end, she gave me the first class seat if I would write 10 thank you's. It was a nice flight for me.

Turns out, in hindsight, it was a better flight for Carlee. She sat next to the George Mason head coach and the rest of the team was in all of the surrounding seats. Pretty crazy piece of luck. If I had known what I know now, I would have ridden coach with the underdogs.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Did Carlee convince Larranaga to coach at Northwestern?

Unknown said...

I don't think so. I do think they discussed the book she was reading...Carlee's recruiting skills are clearly lacking.