Friday, March 03, 2006

BFO BOCTAOE


"If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost;
that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them."

Henry David Thoreau


If you had told me 4 weeks ago that I would even consider buying a house with known, major foundation problems. I would have asked if you were smoking it or injecting it.

  1. Now though, I'll just refer you to here and say, BOCTAOE to that premise.
  2. Then, I'll ask you to read this and I would say, BFO BOCTAOE.
We find out tomorrow if the bid on this house is taken. Watch this space.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

the exception: it can be fixed and the bid we place takes into account the cost to fix + a ton of risk. we'll see if it is even accepted. and on a side/funny note: I wish that picture was the house...that picture is of an old plantation home :-)

Unknown said...

I hear good contractors in LA have a lot of time on their hands these days and are really easy to come by.

Unknown said...

yea...I would imagine that most of them are busy these days...but in this particular case, we have already talked to and received informal estimates on the foundation repair...plus, the guy is in Costa Rica...so no movement on this for a little bit it appears.