Friday, March 24, 2006

Matisyahu, Hasidic Reggae

Ok. You may not think you will like this but I suggest you try it out anyway. Basically, every time I get in my car to go somewhere for the last week, I skip to this track (King Without a Crown - link launches a video) on my monthly mix. No joke. It's like 311 found God, and a better beat. To be clear. I am not Hasidic or heavily religious at all. I don't regularly listen to reggae, or rap, and this is song is rocking every stereo I have control over. I have the live version (the one you will hear in the video above) and after hearing the studio version, I would say the live performance is better.

Highly recommended.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That is a random story... The King Without a Crown song is damn good. I have a couple more but this one is by far the best.

Unknown said...

Cool. I just downloaded the live music from eMusic last night. He's got a little bit of talent.