Saturday, March 25, 2006

Monthly Mix - February

So with March almost over and me trying to sell you on hasidic reggae, I realized I never published February's mix. Down to business.

that's how the future's done

Eyes - Rogue Wave
Sénégal Fast-Food - Amadou & Mariam
Honey and the Moon - Joseph Arthur
Low - Cracker
Little Black Ache - Bishop Allen
Heartbeats - José González
The Leading Guy - Micah P. Hinson
Mushaboom (Postal Service Remix) – Feist
Please Please Please - Shout Out Louds
The One I Love - Sufjan Stevens
Secret Meeting - The National
Gideon - My Morning Jacket
King Without a Crown - Matisyahu
Tale from Black – Tunng
Indian Moon - State Radio
I Will Follow You Into The Dark - Death Cab for Cutie
When The Sun Goes Down - Arctic Monkeys
Chariot - Page France
Through With People - Portastatic
The Earthquake of '73 - The Fruit Bats
Stay In The Shade - José González

Artistiya - Amadou & Mariam

Note on Micah P. Hinson - The Leading Guy. Not sure where I picked this up. But the song has a real strong campfire like chorus that just makes you sing along. Folk based rock with a voice that growls over the rhythm. MPH is from Abilene, TX and this tune can be bought on The Baby & The Satellite, which apparently is only available as an import. Check out more on his at his website.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yea, this is a good one. I'll shoot you a copy via snail mail.

Unknown said...

Sad to hear about Buck Owens's passing.