Monday, March 20, 2006

The Modified Cucumber


“I don't want a pickle, just want to ride on my motorsickle.” - Arlo Guthrie

The current food I would like to be a connoisseur of is the pickle. I really enjoy a good pickle. When I was visiting my childhood home earlier this year, I had a one from a local deli named Steck's Delicatessen in Bridgewater, NJ and my love of the modified cucumber was reborn. I haven't found a good local deli in Lafayette for pickles so I am exploring the supermarket selection. Right now I am on the Vlasic Original Dill and it is just not doing the trick. What's worse is that I now have a big jar I won't finish for a long time.

If you are like me, go to I Love Pickles and waste your time. You can buy a pickle putter and be the envy of the green, or purchase a "I Love Pickles" wristband reminiscent of the Live Strong wristband.

As you are eating a nice crisp sour pickle, listening to The Motorcycle Song by Arlo (that link takes you to lyrics and commentary, this link gets you to a place where you can download the tune itself), go and do some research on time management related to pickle eating. Then get back to work already.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I'll have a pickle if it is served to me, but hardly ever seek them out. My favorite way to eat pickle is on a Chicago-style hot dog.

Unknown said...

I loves me some grits.

Unknown said...

I loves me some grits.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

"Modified Cucumber" could be a band name.

Unknown said...

Well, Z has made me hungry. I'll have to check out FP to see what kind of pickels are there. Are those your mother-in-laws?

Wikipedia rocks - it has an entry on Chicago Style Hot-Dogs.