Thursday, March 06, 2008

AFC: 3-0-0

We have started the portion of our co-ed season where we play games during the week rather than on the weekends (due to youth tournaments taking up the fields on Sunday). Last night was the first such night game. I find night games difficult because I don't have contacts and can't wear glasses when I play. Thus, I have no real depth perception in these games. Also, it is obviously just tougher to see my team, the opponent and the ball in general. These are all bad things.

It didn't matter last night though. We played one of the weaker teams in the league and even though it took us 15 minutes to get the first goal, the game was over fast. The final score was greater than 10-0.

Big news from this game was that my wife scored her first goal of the season! It was a shot from a cross. One time hit from about 14 yards out. Lower 90, far post. She also played center midfielder for a good portion of the game and did really well. She put in an impressive performance.

Our record is now 3-0-0. Next Thursday (I think) we play our top rival. It will be a barn burner.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay!! Way to go, lady!!! No stopping you now!!! That's so exciting!!

Wilablog, why don't you get contacts? I'm thinking of getting them for similar situations when I can't wear my glasses, but I probably won't get them otherwise.

Thanks for these updates-- I love hearing about the team. Be sure to wipe the field with them next time!!!

Go AFC!

Anonymous said...

I meant to write "I probably won't wear them otherwise." Meaning, I would only use the contacts in active situations where I really need to see but can't wear my glasses.

pele1410 said...

So that makes our season goals for/against 35/3 for a +/- of +32. I want to see atleast 5 on BJs.

Anonymous said...

ummm....get contacts dude.
or
do they still make those glasses sports goggles that james used to wear back in the day?
ummm...
lol.
-Ed

Unknown said...

I only wear my contacts for sporting activities...get with the times dude

Anonymous said...

I have a cousin (in his forties) who wears those sports goggle glasses instead of regular glasses all the time. Like, to work, hanging out with friends, to my aunt's funeral, you name it.

Unknown said...

Really? That is fascinating. In my opinion, you have to be really good at a sport to pull off the goggle look. Not sure if I qualify or not. I think I might be able to pull it off, especially if I sported a red, white and blue headband at the same time.

Anonymous said...

Oh, this cousin does NOT pull off that look well. Not at all.

To make matters worse, he isn't even athletic. I'm pretty sure he isn't on a sports team. I doubt he even exercises. I have NO idea why he wears that sports band to keep his glasses on.

"What not to wear" would have a field day with him.