Thursday, March 20, 2008

Cars Are Not Big Dogs or Toys

I have gotten pretty good at taking Jozy on at least one bike ride a day almost every day during the week. There appears to be a side affect from this consistent exposure to the road combined with the natural adrenaline that comes with running: Jozy is now very excited and interested in cars. In fact I think that she is interested in actually interacting with automobiles (or possibly the people who she sees in the automobiles).

I am not sure if it is the people in the cars or the cars itself that are starting to interest her. But I am noticing that she is trying to "greet" those "big dogs with 4 wheels that are carrying humans." In some cases, after they pass us, she is now trying to chase the car as it proceeds down the road. I am trying to correct the behavior, but I am not 100% sure what steps I need to take to start to correct this.

No comments: