Friday, June 25, 2010

Interesting thing about the World Cup

One of the interesting things that I have noticed related to the last two World Cups is the license that this even gives you to wear incredibly patriotic clothes that I would normally never wear. I can think of no other time in my life where I literally donned a US flag and and wrapped it around me as a cape. Not to say that I am not a patriotic person, I just normally don't wear the flag.

Seems that this license for enjoying things that I normally wouldn't enjoy applies to music as well. I have no problem confessing that I am now a big fan of this song from Shakira: Waka Waka (This Time for Africa), The Official 2010 FIFA World Cup Song. The video is pretty cool as well - lots of World Cup footage from the past and some cool fan scenes.


No comments: