Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Ngwenya leaves Houston

Joseph Ngwenya has left the Houston Dynamo and is going to play for an Austrian club, SK Austria. The only reason I am choosing to report this random piece of Dynamo news to you is that I am glad to see him go. Ever since he pulled that horrible PK against Pachuca in the Superliga 2007 Semifinals, I decided he was a lost cause. It didn't help that this lost them the game after I drove 3 hours to go watch it. You can see this PK at 5:02 into the video captured below. Fair warning though: it may make you hate Ngwenya all over again.



What was he thinking?!?!?

4 comments:

pele1410 said...

I'd have to disagree. Last year Ngwenya provided a spark that we desperately needed to turn our season around. Plus the contract is only until April, with an option for next year, so he may be back.

Unknown said...

Thanks for allowing me to re-live that memory.

Unknown said...

pele: you may be right. My opinion is based purely on an emotional reaction. I am not an educated dynamo fan in the least. In fact, I dislike Ngwenya based on that one shot that pretty much made me want to vomit.

md: you're welcome.

pele1410 said...

I have to agree that one shot was horrible. He tried to be cheeky like those European players. Difference is that they're actually that good.