Thursday, January 10, 2008

Not On The Same Page

I spent a portion of the night watching the Republican Presidential debate on Fox tonight and was shocked by one thing. During the debate, Fred Thompson kept dropping sarcastic and insulting remarks throughout the course of the debate. One example was that during a discussion on recent events in Iran, he said something along the lines of: "I would have sent them to meet all the virgins they are looking forward to."

When that came out of his mouth, I pretty much lost any interest in Thompson. Here though, is the shocker. After the debate, Fox switched to their focus group who watched the debate and asked for opinions. There was an overwhelming majority who thought Thompson won the debate. They liked how aggressive he was. They liked his humor. A few mentioned that his comments seemed inappropriate but they were definitely in the minority. It was pretty surprising to me that someone could hear that virgin statement and walk away thinking this is a good presidential candidate. I'm a registered independent with confessed Democratic leanings. I will definitely listen to the Republican party and see if there is a candidate I like. Fred Thompson and that focus group are definitely not on the same page as me.

2 comments:

rc said...

Oh yeah, he would be great in foreign policy matters w/ Iran. He should stick to acting, He is no Reagan.

Now if Colbert was actually on the Huckabee ticket, that would truly turn this election into a circus...

Anonymous said...

...and what page are you on?
Just kidding...do not answer that.

-Ed