Monday, December 04, 2006

Driving with Morningwood

Speaking of advertising, I couldn't help but notice the new Mercury commercial on TV the other day. Not because I like Mercury cars but because of the song that is playing in the background. The name of the song is Nth Degree by a band named Morningwood. The song is really good actually and you can listen to it here on their MySpace page. I almost put it on my monthly mix in August but thought it had some baggage associated with it....call me a prude.

The commercial subtly omits the chorus segment that includes the female lead singer spelling out the word: "M-o-r-n-i-n-g-w-o-o-d". Towards the end of the song, this spelling is followed by the phrase "and harder!" The middle of the song rocks - she whispers the spelling over and over and then starts screaming it. Of course, you might get some weird looks as you cruise down the road in your pimped out Mercury screaming Morningwood out the window.

I actually really like this song and maybe Mercury will convince me to throw it on a mix. Next time you see the Mercury commercial, listen for the chorus. Good times.

No comments: