I've been lazily scrolling through CNN Money's 101 Dumbest Moments in Business when I need a mental break from work today. This one was just a little too priceless to keep to myself.
"In July, bankrupt Northwest Airlines begins laying off thousands of ground workers, but not before issuing some of them a handy guide, "101 Ways to Save Money."
The advice includes dumpster diving ("Don't be shy about pulling something you like out of the trash"), making your own baby food, shredding old newspapers for use as cat litter, and taking walks in the woods as a low-cost dating alternative."
I think if you were looking to trigger people going postal, this would hit the nail on the head. I cannot believe that anyone in their right mind would permit this to be published to employees. Wow.
Other items on the list from NWA:
1. Don't be shy about pulling something you like out of the trash.
2. Move to a less expensive place to live.
3. Trade down your car for a less expensive one.
4. Use old newspapers for cat litter.
5. Cut the kids hair yourself.
6. Buy spare parts for your car at the junkyard.
7. Take a shorter shower.