Sunday, January 07, 2007

Dry Cleaning with Rod Stewart

"If life was fair, Elvis would be alive and all the impersonators would be dead."
- Johnny Carson (1925 - 2005)

Before Christmas we were at our local Albertson's late on Sunday night and there was almost no one else in the supermarket. No one else that is except for Rod Stewart. He walked in while we were checking out and the woman checking us out started freaking out about it. It was really weird and I made sure to loiter on our way out of the parking lot to get a second look. I eventually forgot about it until yesterday. We were in line at our dry cleaner and in walks Rod sporting a Liverpool jersey chatting away on his cell phone. At this point I am feeling pretty curious because I find it hard to believe that I shop at the same grocery store and use the same dry cleaner as Rod Stewart. I had to go online and find out where he lives.

Turns out, he has a mansion in FL, not Lafayette, LA. It also turns out that I am not the only one who has looked to see if this guy in Louisiana is indeed the actual Rod Stewart. Go here to see the rest of the story. Read the second to last comment (dated 11/18/2006) on the post to find out his true identity.

2 comments:

rc said...

About 15 years ago, it was probably a pretty cool bar trick...in 2006, it is almost sad.

rc said...

Wait, I mean it IS sad.