Sunday, January 07, 2007

Reflections on a Weekend of Football

I love the playoff season but I am a little disappointed that the NY teams are out of the running. In general though, what an awesome weekend of football. Some basic observations from my time spent watching the pigskin:
  • I feel bad for Tony Romo. I was really enjoying watching him play. If the Cowboy's could have lost in any other fashion, I might buy it for a dollar.
  • The Diet Pepsi advertising company needs to be fired. Those were some really bad voice over commercials that I was subjected to.
  • The Bud Light rubber floor commercial and the horse/zebra gang playing football commercial are both still very fun to watch.
  • Even though I hate the Jacked Up series that is part of Monday Night Football (which we may be spared from during the playoffs), I seem to use that phrase when I watch games. Shame on me.
  • The Colt's defense has shown up.
  • I am going on record by stating that Armed and Famous is a bad, bad idea.
  • I used to cringe every time Pennington threw a pass because I felt like he was going to just float up a nice fat hang-time melon down field. I didn't find myself doing this too much this weekend...not until the last quarter of the game that is. Has his arm strength actually improved?
  • I'm gonna hate watching the Patriots win the Super Bowl.
  • I heard that Eli threw almost as many interceptions as Brett Favre this past season. Ugh. How long will the Giants stick with this guy? Or how long until they figure out a system within which he can thrive?
  • Players and coaches on the Colts team seem to make good commercials.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go Pats!

Anonymous said...

I mean, I'm just sayin. . .