Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Speaking of Good Movies...

So speaking of good movies, did anyone watch Boise State's win over Oklahoma in the Fiesta bowl the night of January 1st? Holy cow. This will go down as one of the greatest games I have ever watched. I would bullet out the list of crazy things that happened in the last 6 minutes or so but SI has already done so and since Carlee read me this paragraph, I figure I should just quote rather than plagiarize. Here is how insane this game was:

"It's one thing for a Cinderella team to upset a heavily favored opponent, but c'mon, this was ridiculous. A desperation fourth-down hook-and-lateral touchdown pass to tie the game at the end of regulation? A fourth-down receiver option touchdown pass to tie it in overtime? A do-or-die Statue of Liberty two-point conversion run to win the game? The star player proposing to the captain of the cheerleading squad after crossing the goal line?"

Have you ever seen a Statue of Liberty play? I completely followed the wrong guy. The hook and ladder play caught me totally by surprise too - next thing I know, I am screaming "Oh my God!" multiple times followed by "That was awesome!" once or twice. Insane.

Here is a video of the highlights starting with the interception (which comes right before the SI article's list of crazy events) that I thought had ended the Boise State quarterback's career. However, if you watch the next 55 seconds of this clip, I was dead wrong. Warning: this YouTube video has Jay-Z in the background rather than the announcer. I couldn't find a clip with all of the highlights like this that did not have something queer like that... Remember that all of this was in the last few minutes and the first two possessions of overtime.

3 comments:

rc said...

I didn't think anything could top the Rutgers / Loisville game for me this year, but I was so so wrong. Best college football game I have ever seen, and that cheerleader was HOT!

Anonymous said...

Chuck also thought it was the best game ever - me I was sleeping

Unknown said...

It really was pretty incredible. There are few things on TV that have ever made me scream like that...in fact...I think the Rutgers game that RC refers to was one of them.